Fungus and bacteria are most likely living in your knife block right now. However, you can’t see the tiny germs on the skin in open eyes. As they love heat and wet environments, so it becomes intensified when there are little crumbs of food involved there.
To get rid of this drawback, you should completely clean and sanitize your knife block regularly. Additionally, you may let the storage in air dry to destroy hidden germs. After that put back your kitchen knives to it.
Thus, a clean knife organizer keeps safe the knives and surely extends its lifetime. A bacteria-free kitchen is very important for food processing and healthy living. In this article, I will shortly explain how to clean your knife block and use your knives many years without damage.
Why You Need to Clean Your Knife Block
A knife block is a storage device that holds a specific set of kitchen knives used for food preparation. In a kitchen, moisture makes its a safe haven for mold and bacteria.
Consumer Reports claim that washing by hand won’t make your reliable block safe, and eventually, it will become a parcel of mildew and microorganism. For this reason, you must wash the knife organizer regularly with a dishwasher so that you stay safe from harmful bacteria.
There’s a countless variety of mildew live-in kitchen and all of them love heat and humidness. But the majority of the people hardly realize the fact and take action to keep the knife holder out of bacteria.
Almost every kitchen counter, there is an unsanitary knife block. As it’s difficult to wash out, so often people ignore to keep the knife storage neat and clean. With a little effort, you can keep the storage clean and make it a safe harbor for your kitchen knives.
The wooden knife holder is a traditional way to store kitchen knives. If you’ve owned a wooden knife block, then you should keep it clean so that your kitchen utensils aren’t infected by dreadful germs. At the same time, it will double the lifetime of the knife block and kitchen knives.
Knife Block Cleaning Process
A knife organizer stores all your kitchen knives in place and makes your kitchen accessories more organized. But the most important fact is that it will keep you safe in the kitchen and prevent unwanted accidents.
However, an untidy block may cause serious damage to your favorite knives blade. It’s even terrible for food preparation and health matters. To consider the issue, you should keep your knife holder bacteria-free regular basis.
The cleaning process of the knife block isn’t rocket science, with a little time and effort, you can make it safe for kitchen usage. Therefore, your kitchen holder will stay for many years and organize your kitchen knives perfect way.
So follow the instruction described below to keep the important kitchen device free from harmful mildew and bacteria.
- First of all, take out all the knives from the block and store in a safe place.
- Turn the knife holder upside down and slightly shake to remove the trash.
- To sanitize the right way, create a mixture of bleach. In one gallon of water simply put one tablespoon of bleach and stir it lightly to make the perfect cleaner.
- Warm soapy water is also a great solution, simply put the knife block into it a few minutes. Use a mini brush to scrub out the slots properly. Then rinse into clean water and wash thoroughly by hand.
- For universal knife block, simply upside down the holder and mildly shake to remove the rods attached to it. After removing rods from the block, submerge it into the dishwasher and simply wash by sponge or washcloth. To eliminate the excess moisture, scrub a few minutes in running water.
- As sunlight naturally kills harmful bacteria so keep the washed knife organizer outer space until dry completely.
- Washing the surface of the knife block is easy. Simply spray with cleaner, wipe down with a washcloth in warm water and then allow it for air dry in open space.
- After completing all the steps to sanitize the block, now let your knives to store the storage again and stand on the kitchen counter. It’s suggested to repeat the process a few times of a month to get rid of harmful bacteria and microorganisms.
In conclusion, Kitchen is a vital place in a house. For healthy living, you should keep it completely safe and clean. As Knife block stores important kitchen accessories like knives, scissors, and other sharp utensils, so you need to sanitize it the right way to extend kitchen accessories lifetime as well as use these without worry year after years.
If you have any question in mind or want to know more about the cleaning process of the knife block, then you can comment below.